Monday, July 9, 2012

Don't leave it too late, Possums

It cost a motza but I wouldn't have missed the opportunity to see Barry Humphries Farewell production "Eat, Pray, Laugh".

Although I have seen more than half a dozen of Humphries' productions and can often guess what his next quip will be I love coming back for more. In "Eat, Pray, Love" trotted out three of his characters - Sir Les Patterson, Sandy Stone and Dame Edna Everidge. My only complaint is that Edna did not hand out as may gladdies as she has done previously and I missed out.

The show only has a few more nights in Sydney before it moves on to other states but there are tickets available. If you have never seen one of Barry's shows then your education in Australian culture is sorely lacking; you only have a short time to fill this gap (unless this farewell tour is so successful that Barry stages another).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...