Thursday, November 1, 2012

Protest

31 October, 2012

As we sat in our restaurant, Mon, in Valencia tonight we were entertained by the passing parade from our seat by the window.

When we saw some motorcycle police followed by two police vans followed by some police officers walking backwards we asked our waitress what was going on. She explained that there was a protest against the government's new austerity measures about to appear. And it did.

The protestors were an orderly, well-behaved but loud bunch of people of all ages who carried banners, let off fireworks and chanted as they walked. Now safely back in my hotel room I can still hear speeches and noise from somewhere nearby.

Police Officer leading the way

Protestors


I had a birdseye view

Mon - was a great restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...