Thursday, December 20, 2012

Harvey

On my recent cruise my habit was to have a Strawberry Daquiri after dinner while watching the show. After about 20 nights of daquiris I thought I needed a change. I told my waiter that I wanted a long refreshing drink, not too sweet, with perhaps a vodka base.

After a few minutes Veejay, the waiter, came back beaming "I have a Harvey Vallbanger for you" he said. I exclaimed "A Harvey Wallbanger - that's perfect - we used to drink those in the seventies." I enjoyed my reunion with Harvey so much that from that time on I changed my post dinner drink to a Harvey Wallbanger.

I was quite a trendsetter as I noticed after a few nights that more ladies on the ship were getting to know Harvey.

Now I am home I thought I would find a recipe for a Harvey Wallbanger so that Mr Geniaus could prepare one for me.

This is from About.com at http://cocktails.about.com/od/atozcocktailrecipes/r/hrvy_wlbngr_ckt.htm


This drink was created as one of those "all I got in the bar" drinks. Supposedly, the host of a party in the mid 60's had only vodka, orange juice andGalliano available. After a couple of these drinks a guest named Harvey was found to be banging his head against the wall and cursing the drink that caused him his misery. As such, the Harvey Wallbanger was born.

Prep Time: 2 minutes

Total Time: 2 minutes

Yield: 1 Drink

Ingredients:

Preparation:

  1. Pour the vodka and orange juice into a collins glasswith ice cubes.
  2. Add the Galliano.
  3. Garnish with the orange slice and maraschino cherry. 



1 comment:

  1. We used to have peach daiquiris at Xmas in Moresby from specially imported peaches sent by my mother (doubt I told her they were mixed with alcohol!) Haven't had one in decades and have never met Harvey - best you don't make Mr Geniaus too jealous of your new frend :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...