Thursday, February 7, 2013

Life of Pi

Last night, with Mr Geniaus, I attended the St George Open Air Cinema in Sydney's Botanical Gardens. This is becoming a tradition each summer when we gather with lots of other people to watch a movie under the stars with the backdrop of The Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.

As a people watcher I enjoy arriving early, getting a good seat and having dinner from the bar while I watch the passing parade for the 2 1/2 hours before the movie begins. So many trendy people arrive in skimpy attire not suited to the evening temparatures and fresh harbour breeze while oldtimers like Mr Geniaus and I pack a coat for comfort when the sun goes down.


For good measure there is always a variety of seacraft passing by.




I am still trying to make up my mind about "The Life of Pi" last night's movie. It held my attention, the cinematography and acting were very good  but, for me, the story was just a bit too fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...