Wednesday, April 17, 2013

No dragons here

17 April, 2013

This is the second of my posts for today.

After two nights in Hamilton, Bermuda, we upped anchor and sailed to historic St Georges, a World Heritage town, just 17 nautical miles away. Here we spent a day in the drizzle exploring the old buildings and drinking in the charm of this northernmost town in Bermuda.


Colourful buildings also abound in St Georges

Friendly welcome from the local constabulary
Trial re-enactment in the town square
Guilty - Punishment - Dunking
That sinking feeling
Wet and repentant
A very old Anglican Church
Very different architecture from European churches
The segregated graveyard
Victorian era home
Coastline - looks stunning even in lousy weather
Congrats to our Captain for navigating this narrow channel
Rough water for the pilot boat that came to collect the pilot (below)


The pilot jumps from our ship 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...