Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Blogarrhoea


Do I really need another Blog? Am I suffering from Blogarrhoea?

I don't need another blog but ...........my active blogs Geniaus and Android Genealogy are targetted towards my friends in genealogy. Sometimes I'd like to post about my travels, the books I've read, the things that bug me and the performances I've seen. Sometimes I'd just like to share a photo that doesn't fit in with the theme of my Men at Work blog. I don't want to clog up my genimates blog feeds with off topic posts that could be regarded as spam.  

When I am travelling I publish a few photos and updates to Facebook and when something tickles my fancy I write about it there too. Aggregating these Facebook items in one stream is not easy.

Recently I have been following and enjoying Jackie van Bergen's new blog, Jax Trax. As a genealogist I see the value of leaving a personal blog like Jackie's as a resource for future generations. Jackie's blog has been the catalyst for my decision to pollute the blogisphere with yet another blog.

Look out blogisphere here comes jillballau.

3 comments:

  1. Jill, you're an inspiration! Blog away - we'll read them. I just have to figure out where to put this blog (which circle).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Jill. I love reading your blogs. Even though some of the technology you use is a bit beyond me as yet I think some of the information and knowledge trickles through. That may be a help if I ever get to use any of that same technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment Jill. I'm hoping that I can keep blogging and 'morph' into a geneablogger now my travels are over for a while, especially as some of the travels were geni related. Jax Trax may become Trax of my ancestors.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...