Wednesday, November 14, 2012

There's so much to learn

13 November 2012

I was in total ignorance about the government of Morocco until I read some notes last night about today's tour to the Moroccan capital, Rabat. I wasn't sorry to leave Casablanca as it seemed to be a hectic, dusty city.

Our guide spoke of the Moroccan monarch, Mohammed VI, in glowing terms today as we travelled the 90 km from Casablanca to visit Rabat. Apparently The King is getting rid of shanty towns, introducing freeways and modern tram systems in cities as well as recognising the rights of women. According to our guide the monarch is a hard worker and an enlightened man. In Rabat we visited the Royal Palace as well as the tomb of the former king, Hassan 11.


Protection for the Palace, Rabat.
Yet more protection
Royal Palace, Rabat

Tomb of Hassan II
Remains of old mosque destroyed by earthquake in 1735


Tourists at the remains of the old mosque, Rabat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...