Thursday, November 14, 2013

Learning about Transplants



It is no secret that I love reading. Having just ploughed through a book (Committed: a sceptic makes peace with marriage by Elizabeth Gilbert) I really did not enjoy I looked on my bookshelves for something that might restore my faith in books and reading.

A recently purchased tome jumped out at me. How to deliver a liver transplant was just the medicine I needed. This story of a young girl from Queensland who fell into and became hooked on her medicine is told in a conversational tone. I felt that I was with Kellee on her journey to becoming a transplant surgeon. As well as giving me a lesson in anatomy the book brought me close to tears of laughter and sadness as she related stories from her journey.

It has been returned to my bookshelves and is waiting for another family member to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...