Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Little Tart

We have a mini orchard containing a couple of dozen fruit trees at our house. We have citrus, stone fruit, apples and pears. It's always a battle to get to the fruit before the bats, birds and possums rip them off the trees.
.
Orchard at Welwel
Mr GeniAus is getting smart in his old age so he now nets a few of the trees before the fruit ripens up. This week he netted a mandarin tree that is an early ripener. He just delivered one of the mandos to my desk, it was juicy with a bright orange skin but it was still a bit tart. It will benefit from more time on the tree.
Not quite sweet yet
I just wandered down to the orchard with my phone and took some snaps of what's in store for us in the next couple of months. Hopefully the local wildlife will leave some for us.





3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. In your dreams! Hope someone comes around and relieves the trees of their loads

      Delete
  2. You are very clever you two, so you are!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...