Friday, April 7, 2017

Windows on the World - F is for Fabulous Fenestration in Freiburg

This month I am participating in the A-Z Blogging Challenge where I will endeavour to post on this blog each day. I will be sharing photos of Windows that I have photographed on my travels and highlighting from A-Z the places where I found these Windows on the World.

After flying to Frankfurt we grabbed a rental car and started driving towards the French Alps. When tiredness hit us we checked the internet to find a town that might accommodate two travellers. It was fortuitous that we found Freiburg, Germany.

Prior to setting off the next morning we found a convenient McDonalds for breakfast and discovered that Freiburg was a medieval city with some fantastic buildings which had some beautifully ornate windows. Even the newish library got into the act with a clever bit of signage covering the window.









 

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful The first ones don't match with the idea of having breakfast at McDonald's...

    -----
    Eva - Mail Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The McDonald's was alsoin a beautiful medieval building.

      Delete
  2. Oh of all your window posts so far I do like this one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This city was one of those surprises we just stumbled upon. A real bonus.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...