Monday, April 17, 2017

Windows on the World - N is for Not Many in Nuuk

This month I am participating in the A-Z Blogging Challenge where I will endeavour to post on this blog each day. I will be sharing photos of Windows that I have photographed on my travels and highlighting from A-Z the places where I found these Windows on the World.

Last year our cruise ship called at a few ports in Greenland including the capital, Nuuk. I had expected to find a bunch of igloos or tents made out of skins but found a modern city with many new multi-storey buildings most of which appeared to be pre-fabricated. There was a sameness in the many windows we saw in Nuuk.

I'd love to have had a translation of the sign on our tour bus window

Interesting angles on a modern house

I hope all those windows are double-glazed

Looks like a gallery


Multi-coloured window surrounds on the newer apartment blocks

3 comments:

  1. Did you really expect "a bunch of igloos or tents made out of skins"? No way! :)

    I like the last picture with the green windows.

    -----
    Eva - Mail Adventures
    O is for Obverse. Can you always be sure which side is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly didn't expect to find so many multi-storey apartment blocks.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you went to Greenland. That must have been exciting!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...